Probiotics refer to live organisms such as bacteria and yeast having the potential to improve intestinal health. Though it can be a surprising fact for most people that live bacterial or yeast can be used for health benefits, the truth is that there are more than 500 different types of bacteria in our digestive system that helps in maintaining a healthy intestine and better digestive abilities. Read this article further to learn more about probiotic supplements. You can suffer from various digestive disorders in case the appropriate balance of these intestinal bacteria is disturbed.
Cause of imbalance
This imbalance can take place due to some reasons like an infection or the use of antibiotics. Regular use of probiotic supplements can help in bringing back and maintaining the healthy balance of bacteria in the intestine. Digestive disorders can also be caused if the intestinal lining is damaged. Use of probiotics can also help in maintaining the integrity of the intestinal lining.
Boosts the immune system
According to various medical studies, probiotics can be extremely beneficial in improving the immune system. It has been found in various research that places, where people follow an extremely hygienic lifestyle, are more inclined to exhibit increased cases of autoimmune and allergic diseases. One of the possible reasons for this might be that pathogenic organisms do not appropriately challenge the immune system in these people. The good bacteria present in probiotics pose a healthy challenge to the immune systems, thereby improving the immune system considerably.
You can avail probiotic supplements in various forms such as powders, drinks, tablets and even in the form of fortified foods like yogurt. While different kinds of bacteria are used for the production of these supplements, the two most common types are Saccharomyces boulardii and Bifidobacterium Lactobacillus.
Regular use of probiotic supplements can be highly beneficial for the overall well being of your health in some ways.
Improvement in the symptoms of constipations, indigestion, and diarrhea.
- Improve the ability to digest fats and proteins.
- Reduced occurrences of gas and bloating.
- Improve the ability of the body to produce vitamin B and K naturally.
- Naturally, treat the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and leaky gut syndrome.
- Childhood diarrhea. Necrotizing enterocolitis, a health condition found mostly in infants and is characterized by a type of inflammation and infection of the intestine.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Infectious diarrhea and diarrhea caused due to the use of antibiotics.
- Pouchitis, a condition that causes intestinal inflammation. Pouchitis can lead to a surgery of the intestine income cases.
- Eczema that occurs in people having an allergy to cow’s milk.
- Chron’s disease.